Connexus Communications Ltd – Privacy Statement
This privacy statement provides information about the ways in which Connexus Communications Ltd collects, stores, shares or keeps personal information provided by those using this website.
Connexus Communications Ltd is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Information we collect
You may choose to give us information about you by filling in forms on our site such as the Contact Us Form or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. Connexus Communications Ltd only asks you to disclose as much information as is necessary to provide you with information requested from us. Most of the personal data we keep is business to business data.
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including business name, address, email and telephone number
- Business preferences and product interests
- Other information relevant to the business relationship at the time of communication
- Staff personal data within the context of the employment relationship
Connexus Communications Ltd accepts payments by credit card over the phone. This is processed on a live terminal and once the payment has been processed we do not store the card details or have any further access to the details.
Connexus Communications Ltd operates a CCTV system as a measure to protect the premises from intruders, to safeguard personnel and members of the public that may be on the premises. The CCTV system is not used for monitoring of staff performance or conduct. Signs indicating the operation of CCTV cameras are clearly displayed on the premises.
What we do with the information we gather
We require customer, supplier, trade contractors and consulting engineer’s information to understand your needs and provide you with a professional service. We use this information to service the needs of our customers and it is necessary for our customer relationship.
Such information will only be used by us for:
- Supplying and administering your customer requirements and any reasonably incidental purposes including providing you with the information that you request from us
- Marketing and administration purposes; to send promotional emails about similar new products, special offers or other relevant information we feel you may be interested in.
- For analysis purposes including ensuring that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you.
The legal basis for collecting and processing this data is:
- Contractual necessity to service customer requirements
- Legitimate business purposes
Connexus Communications Ltd does not currently share personal information with any other third parties and will ensure individuals are contacted prior to any information being shared should we require to do so in the future. Any third parties we deal with will be required to be GDPR compliant.
We will not transfer your personal data outside the EEA without your permission. If and when we do, we will only transfer in such circumstances when we have assurances as to the adequacy of data protection commitments.
Connexus Communications Ltd are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, technical and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect and ensure there are appropriate controls in place at all times to avoid any risk of breach of confidentiality. This includes the use of firewalls and anti-virus protection.
Connexus Communications Ltd does not keep personally identifiable data for a longer period than is necessary but may store data for longer periods depending on the nature of the business relationship or service provided. Below is a guideline of our retention periods:
- Customer Records – Retained for as long as the business relationship exists or for duration of the system life cycle sold to customer.
- Supplier Records – Retained for as long as the business relationship exists or for duration of the system life cycle purchase from supplier.
- Consultant Engineers – Retained for the duration of the individual project and subsequent 7 years after.
- Trade Contractors – Retained for the duration of the individual project and subsequent 7 years after.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
How are they used on this site?
Currently we only use Google Analytics to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not and ensures we provide relevant information in an easily accessible format. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- To exercise these rights: please email info(at)Connexus.ie and you also have the right to complain to the data protection commissioner.